How is the summer already almost over? I feel like my son was just celebrating his last day of first grade! Yet here we are preparing for his first day of second grade. Scary how quickly time seems to fly by. As we wind down the summer, we begin gearing up for the school year. Admittedly, since my son is still pretty young there is not too much to prepare for. However, I did want to share some of the tips and tricks I have managed to learn so far.
Preparing for going back to school:
- Purchase school supplies early. Often times if you wait too long the supplies you need most are sold out.
- Introduce yourself to your child’s teacher. I cherish having such a good relationship with and knowing my son’s teacher. Being able to reach out to each other makes a world of difference.
- Begin shopping sales for school clothes. School clothes are expensive! Finding good sales really helps lessen the financial blow (especially when you have a growing child).
- Start a school routine early. Help your child get back into the swing of waking up early and going to bed on time. Work on perfecting your child’s morning and bedtime routine.
- Plan some last minute fun. Make time for one final outing as a family. Ideas include going to the zoo or aquarium, hiking, or perhaps a fun science experiment.
- Make a “lice away” spray. Unfortunately lice can be pretty common during the school year. A tip to help keep lice away is by making a “lice away” spray! Add ten drops of Malelucia (tea tree) oil to a small glass spray bottle to spray down your child’s backpack. Also, adding a drop of of Malelucia to your child’s shampoo helps as well.
What are some of your favorite back to school tips?