About a six months ago I made a pretty life changing and relieving decision. I tossed almost all of my makeup and skincare products that were not organic or vegan. Granted, it was a very difficult decision because a lot of those were really expensive! Beauty and skincare products are not cheap. Am I right or am I right?
Previous to this, I had been moving towards more natural and organic products in other aspects of my life. From essential oils to organic food, I was taking charge of what I put in and on my body. Admittedly, my beauty products were one of the last and most difficult switches to make.
why make the switch?
- Better for your skin. In the beauty industry, products have little to no regulation. Organic beauty and skincare companies must go through time consuming processes and tests to earn that organic-stamped label.
- Ingredients you can pronounce. Many of those hard-to-pronounce ingredients do more harm than good! Not to mention, if you can’t pronounce the ingredient do you really know what it is?
- Healthier for your body. Did you know that your skin is the largest organ of your body? Think of how much your skin already absorbs just in one day, everything that you touch.
- More earth friendly. Organic farming is better for both the earth and surrounding wildlife. This is because there are less chemicals and pollutants during the entire process of harvesting ingredients and creating the product.
- Parabens have been linked to cancer. Due to mimicking the estrogen in your body, parabens have been associated with breast cancer.
While this photo is an older photo, it gives you an idea of what I kept. However, a couple of the above products didn’t make the second cut.
In my current beauty arsenal I still love and adore the Juice Beauty line, my DoTerra essential oils, and my aunt’s homemade deodorant. Some brands that I have been looking into and loving include the Little Barn Apothecary, 100% Pure, and Herbivore.