Do you ever feel overwhelmed? Completely exhausted? Perhaps a little stretched thin?
Those feelings are all too common. Trust me. Everyday feels like a race against time to get everything accomplished. Cook dinner, finish homework for both myself and the boys, work full time in customer service, clean the house, talk the dogs for a walk. The list is never ending. Plus, with social media, it is easy to feel as if you need to be living the perfect life.
Unfortunately, trying to accomplish that can leave you irritable and frustrated. Taking time for yourself is so incredibly important. I promise that it isn’t completely selfish.
ways you can put yourself first:
- Relax in a hot bath using essential oils and salts.
- Turn the music up and dance throughout the house.
- Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure.
- Schedule a much needed full body massage.
- Purchase fresh flowers to decorate your home with.
- Light your favorite scented candles.
- Read that book you have been meaning to pick up.
- Hit snooze in the morning and catch a few extra z’s.
- Roll out the yoga mat and do a relaxing yoga flow.
- Take a walk outside and surround yourself by nature.
- Visit your favorite store and buy yourself something.
- Let yourself be in the moment; enjoy what is around you.
- Pour yourself a glass, or two or three, of wine.
- Try a something new — restaurant, hobby, etc.
- Doll yourself up for the day and compliment yourself in the mirror.