Guys, we have so much to catch up on. Not blogging for a few weeks definitely put me really far behind! Which, really, is okay because it means that I have a lot of material ready to go.
This past weekend John and I went to the Billetproof car show for the first time! We went with his car club, Numskulls C. C. Since Lucille, our ’36 Chevrolet four-door Master Deluxe isn’t running yet, we drove Phyllis. This beauty, pictured below, is a ’52 Chevrolet two-door owned by one of John’s best friends and is so much fun to ride in!
Friday afternoon the guys drove the old cars down to our motel taking the back roads. A couple of the cars don’t do well going highway speeds. Since I did not get off of work until late, I met up with everyone for dinner at Pete’s Pizza! The pizza was delicious and thinking back, we should have bought another for the ride home. After dinner we cruised for a bit down the main strip.
Saturday was the main day for the car show. A lot of our time was spent ogling the gorgeous cars that had shown up. Seeing so many gorgeous cars made John and I both even more ready to get our car up and running! Every car show surprises me because I never see a car the same year and style as ours… On occasion I will see a two-door version, but never the four-door.
In fact, once finished our car may look sort of similar to my first favorite car pictured below!
where’d you go?
Sometimes life tosses you in the fast lane and you get so incredibly caught up in that crazy whirlwind that all else is forgotten. This past couple of months positively flew by! So much has been happening that I am unsure where to begin. Life is wonderfully chaotic at this moment and I truly wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Carson finally is riding his bicycle without training wheels.
- John and I are preparing to put our home on the market.
- Preparing for a much needed vacation to see family.
- Learning important lessons about true friendship.
- Remembering my passion for blogging after taking a break.
- Watching Rosewood and The 100 and loving both shows.
- Purchasing John’s dream car and being able to drive it.
- Wearing and using essential oils while learning more about their properties.
- Loving on our two sweet pups and wanting to add to our pup family.
- Thinking about our best options for building a home.
what have you been up to?
Weekends seem to fly by way too quickly! Between adventuring and getting together with friends we are exhausted. This weekend we went to the farmer’s market, an old timer’s fair, the park, and to a friend’s house to make moon sand. I was shocked at how easy it is to make! We will be making that craft again soon.
Come Monday morning, I joke that I need a weekend from my weekend. With my schedule changing so drastically, I am still trying to figure out how to get everything done. At this time my to do list gets taken care of on the weekend.
Since I love a good end to the weekend, it seems that Monday comes around right on time. Here are my wishes for the week.
Discover someplace new to go with the family!
Do something spur of the moment that everyone will enjoy.
Take time to read my book or drink a warm mug of tea.
Continue de-cluttering and preparing for the garage sale.
What are your wishes for the week?
A while back, while discussing trends with my best friend, I realized that there are some things that I will never give up no matter how old I become. Not to mention, there are also some trends that I cannot help but join in on. While I may become another year old each year, I am still young at heart. This can be embarrassing to a few people… However, for me, I love it!
i will always embrace:
+ Playing children’s games such as hide and seek, tag, and truth or dare.
+ Jumping on trampolines.
+ Wearing a bikini under my tank top and jean shorts.
+ Singing along to Spice Girls, N*Sync, and Backstreet Boys at the top of my lungs.
+ Reading young adult books.
+ Seeing how many cartwheels I can do in a row.
+ Giggling at sexual innuendos.
+ Driving in the summer with my windows down and music up.
+ Staying up late on school nights (or, more accurately, work nights).
+ Calling my mom for advice or to come take care of me when I am sick.
+ Swinging as high as I can on the swing set or seeing who can slide down the slide the quickest.
+ Telling jokes with horrible puns and laughing at my own jokes.
+ Doodling and drawing in notebooks.
+ Being myself.
what will you never be too old for?
What is it about the weekend that makes everything so much more exciting? Even though, honestly, every single day should be exciting. Especially Mondays! However, there is an extra “oomph” that comes on Friday that gears you up for the following day. I have a horrible tendency to count down the days until the weekend, especially with my previous job. In fact, I would joke that Thursday was called “Friday evening”. It was pretty bad. However, now that I am finding myself back on track I am making each day count. But for now we will focus on the weekend!
tips for an amazing weekend:
- Write your to-do list on Friday evening. By writing your list the night before, you can best plan out how to spend your weekend. Not to mention, this also allows you to know what all needs to be done.
- Eat a hearty breakfast both Saturday and Sunday. Delicious food is an amazing, and simple, pleasure. Plus, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! One of our favorite breakfast ideas is pancakes. They are so easy and quick to make!
- Take a long, hot bubble bath. Add in bath salts, essential oils, or a bath bomb. My favorite essential oils to add are wild orange and lavender. Extra points if you pour yourself a glass of wine and read a book or magazine.
- Schedule time for yourself. Block out time to relax during your weekend, it is important! Spend this time meditating, reading, writing, or however you prefer.
- Meet up with friends. Personally, I love to catch up over coffee, brunch, or a dinner and movie date. We always have an amazing time and it gets us all out of the house.
- Try to get outside. The weather will not always cooperate, but try to make the most of it! If there is even a hint of sunshine, go for a walk to get some fresh air.
- Remember to take your vitamins. Being healthy is so incredibly important. Having a great diet allows us to feel energized and ready to take on the day.
- Use Sunday to prepare for the week ahead. Sunday evening is the perfect time to write down your to-do list for the week. Also, take time to meal plan. Meal planning will save you time when trying to figure out what to make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
what tips would you include?