Birds are chirping and the sun is shining. For us, that means that it is time to get active and get outside. John and I both have a touch of cabin fever and are anticipating being able to get outside. Although, the number of hikes and places we want to visit this year is a little daunting. Fortunately we both absolutely love to hike. Also, on our list is spring date ideas that we can do when we are able to get away just the two of us.
spring date ideas:
- Go on a hike or a walk. Our list of hikes is a mile long but we both are so excited to explore new places and get outside. Hiking gives us both such a sense of accomplishment!
- Stargaze. There is something so peaceful about getting out where you can see the stars. However, remember to bring bug repellent and a warm blanket.
- Have a picnic. Eating delectable finger foods out in the sun is so refreshing! Treat yourselves to an adorable picnic at your local park.
- Shop at the local farmers market. You never know what you will find! Make a game out of it and see who can find the most interesting item to buy.
- Drive to a new town. Roll the windows down and turn the radio up while driving to a new place to discover.
- Volunteer together. Find a cause that you both are passionate about to spend a weekend volunteering for. This could be your local soup kitchen or animal shelter.
- Watch a sports event. While this may be more for your other half, at least go to one sports event! Even if it is just for the delicious chili cheese fries.
- Take a tour of a winery. Perhaps even discover a new wine that you love! However, if your other half doesn’t like wine you can always go beer tasting.
- Go kayaking. Or even paddle boarding. Whichever you prefer.
- Find a concert to attend. Our local park has music in the park once a week that we can attend. Consequently, parking is horrendous but it is still fun nonetheless.
- Watch a drive-in movie. Seeing a movie outside can be such a fun treat! Bring extra blankets and pillows and enjoy watching the movie with your popcorn in the comfort of your own car.