Can you believe that the month of all things spooky is almost over? I feel like I blinked and October was almost at an end. This month flew by. Did it for you as well?
Halloween always has spelled two things: endless amounts of stove-popped popcorn and every-night-is-movie-night. Not to mention, I have a ton of Halloween-theme goodies for the kids to try. This year, since Carson is still on the young side, we will be sticking with family-friendly Halloween movies. After all, I don’t need him to be afraid of the dark… again.
here are my must watch halloween movies
- Hocus Pocus (1993).
- Beetlejuice (1988).
- Halloweentown (1998).
- Casper (1995).
- Ghostbusters (1984).
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993).
- Corpse Bride (2005).
- Frankenweenie (2012).
- Hotel Transylvania (2012).
- The Addams Family (1991).
- Sleepy Hollow (1999).
- Harry Potter (2001-2011).
- Tower of Terror (1997).
- Monster House (2006).
- ParaNorman (2012).
- Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015).
- The Little Vampire (2000).
- Monsters Inc (2001).
- The Haunted Mansion (2003).
- Halloweentown II (2001).
- Matilda (1996).
- Igor (2008).
What are your favorite must watch Halloween movies?
It is no secret that fall is my favorite season of all. Correspondingly, my two favorite months happen during the fall: October and November. Perhaps you can tell by my Instagram that there is not one thing that I do not love about this time of year. I suppose that it helps that fall in Washington is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, just Google “Washington state in the fall” and you can decide for yourself. The leaves turning, the crispness in the air, the smell of the rain; I could go on and on. In lieu of going on for days, I wanted to share some cozy ways to enjoy fall.
cozy ways to enjoy fall
- Go apple picking at a nearby orchard (bonus points if you bake apple pie with the apples).
- Brew your own hot chocolate.
- Write a gratitude list.
- Bake everything pumpkin: pie, cookies, etc.
- Jump in a pile of leaves.
- Buy pumpkin scented candles.
- Make hearty stews: chili, beef barley, chicken noodle soup, etc.
- Create a nature-inspired scavenger hunt.
- Decorate your home with fall-themed decor.
- Wrap up in a cozy blanket on a chilly evening.
- Visit nearby pumpkin patches.
- Meditate in front of a warm fire.
- Hike on a trail where the leaves are changing colors and falling.
- Purchase outfits in warm fall colors: burgundy, olive, or mustard.
- Start planning for Thanksgiving.
- Cheer on your favorite sports team.
- Donate to a food bank or volunteer at a local soup kitchen.
- Unpack the boots, scarves, and beanies.
What are some reasons you love fall? How do you cozy up this time of year?
Not going to lie, fall is my absolute favorite season. From the crisp air to hearty stews, there is so much to love. Admittedly while growing up I always loved summer most. Mainly because it signaled a break from school. However, now summer is just a little less appealing between having to work and pay more in daycare. Then again, perhaps I love fall so much because my birthday month falls in this season.
twelve reasons to love fall
- Picking pumpkins from the pumpkin patch.
- Carving said pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds.
- Wearing cozy hats, scarves, socks, and sweaters.
- Snuggling up in large knit blankets.
- Drinking all of the warm coffees, hot chocolate, and teas.
- Cooking hearty dinners and stews.
- Baking all of the pies — apple, pumpkin, and more!
- Feeling the crisp chill in the air.
- Watching the leaves change color and fall.
- Lighting fall-scented candles.
- Perfect time for Harry Potter movie marathons.
- Celebrating my birthday.
After sharing some of the many reasons I love spring, I wanted to share my spring bucket list. Truthfully, I am torn between doing monthly goals and seasonal bucket lists. Do you have a preference? Or is there a reason that you choose one over the other? I would love to know! Perhaps it will help me make a final decision.
Every time I wander outside I am reminded how much I love the blooming flowers. Also, how tulips are one of my favorite flowers. I only remember them in the spring for some reason. Sunflowers are usually my main focus in the summer, which could be why. Anyway, back to tulips! All I want to do is fill my home with them!
spring bucket list:
- Plant dozens of wildflower seeds in the garden with the kids.
- Make and can strawberry jam.
- Go on a hike as a family.
- Discover an amazing and motivating morning yoga sequence.
- Begin paying off our credit card debt and improve our credit scores.
- Prepare for the garage sale that is coming up.
- Host a fun minecraft-themed birthday party for Carson.
- Read a minimum of five books.
- Schedule at least two weeks of blog posts and begin thinking about summer posts.
what is on your spring bucket list?
There are so many exciting and wonderful reasons to love spring. In fact, I have anxiously been awaiting the arrival of spring once fall was over. It’s not that I dislike winter, I just prefer to be warm. I am perpetually cold all the time. My coworkers get frustrated because I hog the heater, whoops! Not to mention, the flowers beginning to bloom is such a gorgeous sight.
On my drive home, the roads in our neighborhood are lined with cherry blossom trees. Currently they all have the prettiest pinkish-white flowers that immediately brighten my mood. Our backyard is also home to a cherry tree that is currently budding! Although I am not a fan of cherries, it sure is pretty this time of year.
some of the many reasons to love spring:
- Roses and other flowers begin to bud while fresh shoots start appearing from the earth.
- Windows start being left open to let in fresh air and the sound of the birds singing.
- We begin to see more sunlight and we no longer have to leave for work in the dark.
- Heavy coats are put away and lighter jackets are put back in the closet.
- Farmers markets open and we are able to start buying locally made foods, items, and plants.
- The kids begin playing outside again giving us the occasional break from the madness and noise.
- Flip flops, shorts, and tank tops are worn daily and my skin finally gets to see the sun again.
- We get to paint and hide Easter eggs as well as get together with family for the holiday.
- John and I celebrate being together eight years as well as celebrate Carson’s seventh birthday.
- Drinking lemonade infused with berries as well as busting out the barbecue.
what are some things that you would add to this list?