After sharing some of the many reasons I love spring, I wanted to share my spring bucket list. Truthfully, I am torn between doing monthly goals and seasonal bucket lists. Do you have a preference? Or is there a reason that you choose one over the other? I would love to know! Perhaps it will help me make a final decision.
Every time I wander outside I am reminded how much I love the blooming flowers. Also, how tulips are one of my favorite flowers. I only remember them in the spring for some reason. Sunflowers are usually my main focus in the summer, which could be why. Anyway, back to tulips! All I want to do is fill my home with them!
spring bucket list:
- Plant dozens of wildflower seeds in the garden with the kids.
- Make and can strawberry jam.
- Go on a hike as a family.
- Discover an amazing and motivating morning yoga sequence.
- Begin paying off our credit card debt and improve our credit scores.
- Prepare for the garage sale that is coming up.
- Host a fun minecraft-themed birthday party for Carson.
- Read a minimum of five books.
- Schedule at least two weeks of blog posts and begin thinking about summer posts.
what is on your spring bucket list?
There are so many exciting and wonderful reasons to love spring. In fact, I have anxiously been awaiting the arrival of spring once fall was over. It’s not that I dislike winter, I just prefer to be warm. I am perpetually cold all the time. My coworkers get frustrated because I hog the heater, whoops! Not to mention, the flowers beginning to bloom is such a gorgeous sight.
On my drive home, the roads in our neighborhood are lined with cherry blossom trees. Currently they all have the prettiest pinkish-white flowers that immediately brighten my mood. Our backyard is also home to a cherry tree that is currently budding! Although I am not a fan of cherries, it sure is pretty this time of year.
some of the many reasons to love spring:
- Roses and other flowers begin to bud while fresh shoots start appearing from the earth.
- Windows start being left open to let in fresh air and the sound of the birds singing.
- We begin to see more sunlight and we no longer have to leave for work in the dark.
- Heavy coats are put away and lighter jackets are put back in the closet.
- Farmers markets open and we are able to start buying locally made foods, items, and plants.
- The kids begin playing outside again giving us the occasional break from the madness and noise.
- Flip flops, shorts, and tank tops are worn daily and my skin finally gets to see the sun again.
- We get to paint and hide Easter eggs as well as get together with family for the holiday.
- John and I celebrate being together eight years as well as celebrate Carson’s seventh birthday.
- Drinking lemonade infused with berries as well as busting out the barbecue.
what are some things that you would add to this list?