It is no secret that fall is my favorite season of all. Correspondingly, my two favorite months happen during the fall: October and November. Perhaps you can tell by my Instagram that there is not one thing that I do not love about this time of year. I suppose that it helps that fall in Washington is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, just Google “Washington state in the fall” and you can decide for yourself. The leaves turning, the crispness in the air, the smell of the rain; I could go on and on. In lieu of going on for days, I wanted to share some cozy ways to enjoy fall.
cozy ways to enjoy fall
- Go apple picking at a nearby orchard (bonus points if you bake apple pie with the apples).
- Brew your own hot chocolate.
- Write a gratitude list.
- Bake everything pumpkin: pie, cookies, etc.
- Jump in a pile of leaves.
- Buy pumpkin scented candles.
- Make hearty stews: chili, beef barley, chicken noodle soup, etc.
- Create a nature-inspired scavenger hunt.
- Decorate your home with fall-themed decor.
- Wrap up in a cozy blanket on a chilly evening.
- Visit nearby pumpkin patches.
- Meditate in front of a warm fire.
- Hike on a trail where the leaves are changing colors and falling.
- Purchase outfits in warm fall colors: burgundy, olive, or mustard.
- Start planning for Thanksgiving.
- Cheer on your favorite sports team.
- Donate to a food bank or volunteer at a local soup kitchen.
- Unpack the boots, scarves, and beanies.
What are some reasons you love fall? How do you cozy up this time of year?