No, I have not lost my mind. Although it may seem like it! Even when I was a stay at home mom, Monday had a negative connotation. As a working mom, I cannot figure out how Monday was still an “awful” day even though I was not working. Especially when most of the time, I had nothing pressing on my plate!
Often Monday signifies the beginning of the work week. There is a saying of “when you love your job, you will never work a day in your life”. Unfortunately, that is not true for everyone. Some of us are very lucky to have a job that we love though!
Currently, I treat myself to coffee and a blueberry or poppy-seed muffin on Monday mornings. This is the perfect pick-me-up for the beginning of the week! At least in my humble opinion, ha ha!
reasons to love monday:
- Treat Monday as a clean slate. If you read my first post, you will know that I love a clean slate. Monday is the perfect day to hit refresh!
- Monday is the perfect day to create and set new goals. When I write my goals out for the week or to-do list, it always starts with Monday. I like to use Sunday as a family rest day and get back to the grind on Monday.
- You have an entire week to accomplish what you need to get finished. There are five perfect working days to get things done as well as a weekend if necessary. Try not to stress about getting everything completed on Monday.
- Coffee is the most stimulating on a Monday morning. Or is this just me? After a busy weekend, I need that extra little pick me up.
- It is a great day to have a great day. Did you know that I often get the best news on Mondays? While you should tell yourself that it is a great day to have a great day everyday, it is a little extra special when that day is Monday.
- The idea of hating Monday is just an illusion. Monday accounts for 1/7th of our life! Let’s not waste it.