There are so many exciting and wonderful reasons to love spring. In fact, I have anxiously been awaiting the arrival of spring once fall was over. It’s not that I dislike winter, I just prefer to be warm. I am perpetually cold all the time. My coworkers get frustrated because I hog the heater, whoops! Not to mention, the flowers beginning to bloom is such a gorgeous sight.
On my drive home, the roads in our neighborhood are lined with cherry blossom trees. Currently they all have the prettiest pinkish-white flowers that immediately brighten my mood. Our backyard is also home to a cherry tree that is currently budding! Although I am not a fan of cherries, it sure is pretty this time of year.
some of the many reasons to love spring:
- Roses and other flowers begin to bud while fresh shoots start appearing from the earth.
- Windows start being left open to let in fresh air and the sound of the birds singing.
- We begin to see more sunlight and we no longer have to leave for work in the dark.
- Heavy coats are put away and lighter jackets are put back in the closet.
- Farmers markets open and we are able to start buying locally made foods, items, and plants.
- The kids begin playing outside again giving us the occasional break from the madness and noise.
- Flip flops, shorts, and tank tops are worn daily and my skin finally gets to see the sun again.
- We get to paint and hide Easter eggs as well as get together with family for the holiday.
- John and I celebrate being together eight years as well as celebrate Carson’s seventh birthday.
- Drinking lemonade infused with berries as well as busting out the barbecue.