Do you ever feel overwhelmed? Completely exhausted? Perhaps a little stretched thin?
Those feelings are all too common. Trust me. Everyday feels like a race against time to get everything accomplished. Cook dinner, finish homework for both myself and the boys, work full time in customer service, clean the house, talk the dogs for a walk. The list is never ending. Plus, with social media, it is easy to feel as if you need to be living the perfect life.
Unfortunately, trying to accomplish that can leave you irritable and frustrated. Taking time for yourself is so incredibly important. I promise that it isn’t completely selfish.
ways you can put yourself first:
- Relax in a hot bath using essential oils and salts.
- Turn the music up and dance throughout the house.
- Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure.
- Schedule a much needed full body massage.
- Purchase fresh flowers to decorate your home with.
- Light your favorite scented candles.
- Read that book you have been meaning to pick up.
- Hit snooze in the morning and catch a few extra z’s.
- Roll out the yoga mat and do a relaxing yoga flow.
- Take a walk outside and surround yourself by nature.
- Visit your favorite store and buy yourself something.
- Let yourself be in the moment; enjoy what is around you.
- Pour yourself a glass, or two or three, of wine.
- Try a something new — restaurant, hobby, etc.
- Doll yourself up for the day and compliment yourself in the mirror.
what are ways you would add to this list?
About a six months ago I made a pretty life changing and relieving decision. I tossed almost all of my makeup and skincare products that were not organic or vegan. Granted, it was a very difficult decision because a lot of those were really expensive! Beauty and skincare products are not cheap. Am I right or am I right?
Previous to this, I had been moving towards more natural and organic products in other aspects of my life. From essential oils to organic food, I was taking charge of what I put in and on my body. Admittedly, my beauty products were one of the last and most difficult switches to make.
why make the switch?
- Better for your skin. In the beauty industry, products have little to no regulation. Organic beauty and skincare companies must go through time consuming processes and tests to earn that organic-stamped label.
- Ingredients you can pronounce. Many of those hard-to-pronounce ingredients do more harm than good! Not to mention, if you can’t pronounce the ingredient do you really know what it is?
- Healthier for your body. Did you know that your skin is the largest organ of your body? Think of how much your skin already absorbs just in one day, everything that you touch.
- More earth friendly. Organic farming is better for both the earth and surrounding wildlife. This is because there are less chemicals and pollutants during the entire process of harvesting ingredients and creating the product.
- Parabens have been linked to cancer. Due to mimicking the estrogen in your body, parabens have been associated with breast cancer.
While this photo is an older photo, it gives you an idea of what I kept. However, a couple of the above products didn’t make the second cut.
In my current beauty arsenal I still love and adore the Juice Beauty line, my DoTerra essential oils, and my aunt’s homemade deodorant. Some brands that I have been looking into and loving include the Little Barn Apothecary, 100% Pure, and Herbivore.
what are some of your favorites?