Practicing self love is more than about burying your toes in the sand, daily yoga, and green smoothies. Although, those are all pretty darn wonderful. In a constantly changing and evolving world, remembering to take care of yourself can easily take a back seat. Self love is an emotional, mental, physical, and psychological act of learning to put yourself first.
Admittedly, I haven’t taken the best care of myself lately. Life has been a stressful whirlwind of activity and projects. Unfortunately when this happens, my health gets put on the back burner.
Easy ways you can practice self love:
- Read an inspirational book.
- Soak in a bubble bath.
- Appreciate your strengths.
- Honor and pay attention to your emotions.
- Do what you love.
- Write a resonating poem.
- Surround yourself with nature.
- Appreciate the little things.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Add fresh blooms to your home.
- Meditate and quiet your mind.
- Nurture your dreams.
- Enjoy a cup of tea.
- Watch the sunrise, the sunset, or the stars.
- Learn to forgive yourself.
- Wear something that makes you feel confident.
- Treat yourself.
- Create a nourishing morning routine.
- Step away from social media and technology.
- Surround yourself with positivity.
- Focus on the now.
- Listening to music that calms your soul.