Is it strange that I want to start every post with: how is it already [insert month here]? Granted, I have not been blogging quite as much as I would like… However, I am hoping to improve upon that one of these days soon. Then again, I say that rather often too. If anyone has any helpful tips on how to get more time in the day, I would love to know so please share!
Things that made me happy this week:
+ Getting ice cream at work.
~ Blowing my goal of # of books to read this year out of the water.
+ Going swimming at least once a week and getting Carson signed up for swimming lessons.
~ The weekend almost being here.
+ Preparing our home to be put on the market.
~ My plants blooming and going wild.
+ Adding lemon or grapefruit essential oil to my water.
~ Watching Lost for the first time.
+ Eating grilled cheese sandwiches.
~ Discovering how amazing London Fogs are to drink.
+ Picking out the perfect floor plan for when we move.
~ Finally being able to blog.
What has made you happy this week?
What is it about the weekend that makes everything so much more exciting? Even though, honestly, every single day should be exciting. Especially Mondays! However, there is an extra “oomph” that comes on Friday that gears you up for the following day. I have a horrible tendency to count down the days until the weekend, especially with my previous job. In fact, I would joke that Thursday was called “Friday evening”. It was pretty bad. However, now that I am finding myself back on track I am making each day count. But for now we will focus on the weekend!
tips for an amazing weekend:
- Write your to-do list on Friday evening. By writing your list the night before, you can best plan out how to spend your weekend. Not to mention, this also allows you to know what all needs to be done.
- Eat a hearty breakfast both Saturday and Sunday. Delicious food is an amazing, and simple, pleasure. Plus, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! One of our favorite breakfast ideas is pancakes. They are so easy and quick to make!
- Take a long, hot bubble bath. Add in bath salts, essential oils, or a bath bomb. My favorite essential oils to add are wild orange and lavender. Extra points if you pour yourself a glass of wine and read a book or magazine.
- Schedule time for yourself. Block out time to relax during your weekend, it is important! Spend this time meditating, reading, writing, or however you prefer.
- Meet up with friends. Personally, I love to catch up over coffee, brunch, or a dinner and movie date. We always have an amazing time and it gets us all out of the house.
- Try to get outside. The weather will not always cooperate, but try to make the most of it! If there is even a hint of sunshine, go for a walk to get some fresh air.
- Remember to take your vitamins. Being healthy is so incredibly important. Having a great diet allows us to feel energized and ready to take on the day.
- Use Sunday to prepare for the week ahead. Sunday evening is the perfect time to write down your to-do list for the week. Also, take time to meal plan. Meal planning will save you time when trying to figure out what to make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
what tips would you include?