a happy list
one // Finishing our flooring. John and I pulled up all of the carpeting in the living room, hallway, and master bedroom! Along with thousands of carpet staples. Once all of that was done, we started laying snap-together laminate flooring. We are absolutely in love with how it turned out!
two // Bottle feeding and raising two sweet baby goats. A couple of Friday’s ago, my mom asked me to go out to the barn with her. Along the way, she mentioned two brand new baby goats had been rejected by their momma. Upon arrival we learned that momma goat was trying to kill the babies. Obviously I couldn’t just leave them there so I packed them up in a tub and put them in our Subaru and brought them home. Don’t worry, John warmed up to them pretty quickly and named them Ed and George!
three // Finally watching Lost. Don’t ask me why we haven’t watched this sooner because I have no idea why. Either way, John and I both are totally sucked into this show! There are so many crazy and wild twists and turns. My mouth drops every single episode.
four // Drinking delicious berry Kombucha. Admittedly, I found it very strange to be drinking fermented tea. However, it was absolutely delicious! The Kombucha was a little “vinegar-y” tasting, but I am definitely finding myself wanting more.
five // Going on adventures with friends. Lately we have been trying to go on some sort of an adventure each weekend. So far we have managed to go to a few different places as well as multiple playgrounds with the kids! It is so wonderful to have such amazing friends that are like family.
six // Having a secret pal at work. At my job we do a fun “secret pal” exchange for six months at a time. Receiving sweet and random gifts throughout the month is so fun! Not to mention, I love being able to surprise my secret pal as well.
What has made you happy lately?
Is it strange that I want to start every post with: how is it already [insert month here]? Granted, I have not been blogging quite as much as I would like… However, I am hoping to improve upon that one of these days soon. Then again, I say that rather often too. If anyone has any helpful tips on how to get more time in the day, I would love to know so please share!
Things that made me happy this week:
+ Getting ice cream at work.
~ Blowing my goal of # of books to read this year out of the water.
+ Going swimming at least once a week and getting Carson signed up for swimming lessons.
~ The weekend almost being here.
+ Preparing our home to be put on the market.
~ My plants blooming and going wild.
+ Adding lemon or grapefruit essential oil to my water.
~ Watching Lost for the first time.
+ Eating grilled cheese sandwiches.
~ Discovering how amazing London Fogs are to drink.
+ Picking out the perfect floor plan for when we move.
~ Finally being able to blog.
What has made you happy this week?
What is it about the weekend that makes everything so much more exciting? Even though, honestly, every single day should be exciting. Especially Mondays! However, there is an extra “oomph” that comes on Friday that gears you up for the following day. I have a horrible tendency to count down the days until the weekend, especially with my previous job. In fact, I would joke that Thursday was called “Friday evening”. It was pretty bad. However, now that I am finding myself back on track I am making each day count. But for now we will focus on the weekend!
tips for an amazing weekend:
- Write your to-do list on Friday evening. By writing your list the night before, you can best plan out how to spend your weekend. Not to mention, this also allows you to know what all needs to be done.
- Eat a hearty breakfast both Saturday and Sunday. Delicious food is an amazing, and simple, pleasure. Plus, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! One of our favorite breakfast ideas is pancakes. They are so easy and quick to make!
- Take a long, hot bubble bath. Add in bath salts, essential oils, or a bath bomb. My favorite essential oils to add are wild orange and lavender. Extra points if you pour yourself a glass of wine and read a book or magazine.
- Schedule time for yourself. Block out time to relax during your weekend, it is important! Spend this time meditating, reading, writing, or however you prefer.
- Meet up with friends. Personally, I love to catch up over coffee, brunch, or a dinner and movie date. We always have an amazing time and it gets us all out of the house.
- Try to get outside. The weather will not always cooperate, but try to make the most of it! If there is even a hint of sunshine, go for a walk to get some fresh air.
- Remember to take your vitamins. Being healthy is so incredibly important. Having a great diet allows us to feel energized and ready to take on the day.
- Use Sunday to prepare for the week ahead. Sunday evening is the perfect time to write down your to-do list for the week. Also, take time to meal plan. Meal planning will save you time when trying to figure out what to make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
what tips would you include?