Have I gone mad?
I’m afraid so.
You’re entirely bonkers.
But I’ll tell you a secret.
All the best people are.
I almost feel like I should be brushing away cobwebs from non-use. Things have been absolutely mad lately. Thankfully in a wonderful way, but still rather exhausting. From constant adventuring, planning, to do listing, schooling, and working I am exhausted. Since I can never stay away for too long, I thought I would share:
Ten things that have made me happy lately.
o n e
– Spending my lunch times at home. In doing so I am able to let the pups run around to play and get a few house chores finished up. Also, I am able to catch up on homework or reading.
t w o
– Piercing my nose with my coworker. Ironically, this is a piercing I have thought about having done for many years. However, I never did work up the gumption to go through with it. When my coworker mentioned that she had hers done previously, I told her I wanted mine done. We made a date and went and got our piercings done together!
t h r e e
– Working towards becoming a certified financial counselor. My work requires us to become certified financial counselors which works in my favor! This is something I have thought about looking into but never quite had the funds to do so. Getting certified through my work is completely free!
f o u r
– Having a market analysis done on our home. John and I met with our real estate agent to run numbers on selling our home. Now to paint both the exterior and interior, lay down new flooring, and get a new roof.
f i v e
– Adventuring with friends. The past few weekends have been spent getting together with a group of friends. Each weekend is filled with adventuring, exploring, and learning! The kids have such a wonderful time, as do the adults.
s i x
– Crushing my reading goal for this year. Last year was a bit of a let down. I was unable to read as much as usual and did not fully complete my reading goal. This year I set the bar lower to something achievable!
s e v e n
– Participating in the “Secret Pal” swap at work. I have always loved participating in blogger swaps, so I knew joining in on this would be perfect for me. Already I have been treated by my secret pal and have sent a sweet surprise to mine!
Speaking of, are blog swaps still a thing?
e i g h t
– Being so close to obtaining my Bachelor’s degree. Every single day is another day closer! Only about seven or eight months to go and I am completely done. Each time I think about this I get excited all over again! Part of me would love to get my Master’s degree, but the other part of me so badly needs a break.
n i n e
– Watching Despicable Me 3 with the boys. These movies are so funny! I love the humor thrown in and of course I adore the minions.
t e n
– Having my plants absolutely flourish and grow like crazy. Call me weird, but I swear that positive vibes encourage plants to grow healthier and quicker. I have proven this by taking over plants from my family and friends. The plants that did not do well for them, go wild for me! Right now I have two orchids that have blossomed, went away, and then blossomed all over the place! Same with my rose bush!
What has made you happy lately?