Did you know that I spent a year as a certified health and fitness coach? While I may no longer be certified by Curves or participate as a Beachbody coach, I have quite a bit of experience and knowledge in the health and fitness industry. At one time, I wanted to be and studied to become a dietitian! However, the job field for such a position is rather nonexistent where I live. So business and finance it became.
Plus, having a husband who does bodybuilding keeps me up to date as well!
Three small changes for big weight loss results:
1. Don’t skip breakfast.
A healthy breakfast is linked to so many incredible benefits! Benefits such as controlling weight, lowering cholesterol, and improving daily performance. Eating breakfast can help reduce hunger encouraging you to eat a smaller lunch and dinner. For extra protein, add an egg or two to your morning meal. This little boost of protein encourages lean muscle mass which is more metabolically active.
2. Write down what you eat.
Writing down what you have eaten throughout the day is a great way to hold yourself most accountable. Keeping a food log lets you be aware of what you are eating and when. Doing this can give you a great insight on your eating habits! Plus, knowing your cravings and hunger routines allows you to discover which changes will be best for you.
3. Ask yourself what you want more.
When you are craving something unhealthy, ask yourself this: What do I want more? That piece of cake or a body I feel comfortable in and proud of? Asking yourself this may help you realize that you truly do not need or want what you are craving.
An extra tip: If you are craving sweets, substitute candy or chocolate with an apple. Other amazing alternatives include: dark chocolate, Greek yogurt, baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon, and tea with a hint of honey for sweetness.
What is it about the weekend that makes everything so much more exciting? Even though, honestly, every single day should be exciting. Especially Mondays! However, there is an extra “oomph” that comes on Friday that gears you up for the following day. I have a horrible tendency to count down the days until the weekend, especially with my previous job. In fact, I would joke that Thursday was called “Friday evening”. It was pretty bad. However, now that I am finding myself back on track I am making each day count. But for now we will focus on the weekend!
tips for an amazing weekend:
- Write your to-do list on Friday evening. By writing your list the night before, you can best plan out how to spend your weekend. Not to mention, this also allows you to know what all needs to be done.
- Eat a hearty breakfast both Saturday and Sunday. Delicious food is an amazing, and simple, pleasure. Plus, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! One of our favorite breakfast ideas is pancakes. They are so easy and quick to make!
- Take a long, hot bubble bath. Add in bath salts, essential oils, or a bath bomb. My favorite essential oils to add are wild orange and lavender. Extra points if you pour yourself a glass of wine and read a book or magazine.
- Schedule time for yourself. Block out time to relax during your weekend, it is important! Spend this time meditating, reading, writing, or however you prefer.
- Meet up with friends. Personally, I love to catch up over coffee, brunch, or a dinner and movie date. We always have an amazing time and it gets us all out of the house.
- Try to get outside. The weather will not always cooperate, but try to make the most of it! If there is even a hint of sunshine, go for a walk to get some fresh air.
- Remember to take your vitamins. Being healthy is so incredibly important. Having a great diet allows us to feel energized and ready to take on the day.
- Use Sunday to prepare for the week ahead. Sunday evening is the perfect time to write down your to-do list for the week. Also, take time to meal plan. Meal planning will save you time when trying to figure out what to make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
what tips would you include?